Considered a standard of care in the field for patients receiving chronic opioid therapy.
Treatment agreements include in writing:
- Informed consent for treatment
- Risks/benefits of the treatment being proposed
- Responsibilities of provider/responsibilities of patient
- Under what circumstances medications will be continued or discontinued
- Assistance to be given to find another provider if needed for pain or addiction treatment
- Informs patient that your practice cooperates with law enforcement should an investigation of opioid-related crimes occur